Cobrapost breaking announcement: Dainik Bhaskar serves High Court Injunction against the screening of ‘Operation 136: part II’
Expose

Cobrapost breaking announcement: Dainik Bhaskar serves High Court Injunction against the screening of ‘Operation 136: part II’

cobrapost |
May 25, 2018

Cobrapost is attempting to vacate the injunction before 3pm, 25th May, 2018, failing which the Press Conference shall be postponed to an appropriate date


COBRAPOST BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT: DAINIK BHASKAR SERVES HIGH COURT INJUNCTION AGAINST THE SCREENING OF ‘OPERATION 136: PART II’

Cobrapost is attempting to vacate the injunction before 3pm, 25th May, 2018, failing which the Press Conference shall be postponed to an appropriate date

Date: 24th May, 2018

Cobrapost broke a story entitled ‘Operation 136: Part I,’ exposing seventeen media houses and their ill practices, including indulgence in paid news, peddling communal agenda, mass polarization, and acceptance of illegal black currency. Part one of the story was released on 26th march, 2018.

We have to inform our readers and viewers that ‘Operation 136: Part II’, which was scheduled to be released at a Press Conference on 25th May, 2018, to be held at the Press Club, has received an exparte stay order from the Delhi High Court on the evening of 24th May, 2018, which debars us from airing the story in part or whole, on the argument that “if ‘Operation 136: Part II’ is allowed to be released in public domain, then irreparable loss and injury will be caused to the reputation of the plaintiff which cannot be undone,” the plaintiff being the Dainik Bhaskar Group, who feature as part of the investigations launched by our team.

The order states that Cobrapost is, till further orders unless varied by the Court, “restrained from in any manner releasing in public domain the documentary ‘Operation 136: Part II’ in any manner including at the Press Club of India on 25.5.2018 at 3.00 pm.”

In the interest of the whole truth reaching the public, we are trying our very best to vacate this injunction, but whether we shall be able to achieve this before 3 PM of 25th May, 2018, remains to be seen. If we are unable to get the injunction vacated before 3 pm we will be unable to hold our press conference tomorrow.

Any postponement of the release of the news documentary shall hereafter be publicly announced.


If you like the story and if you wish more such stories, support our effort Make a donation.




Loading...

If you believe investigative journalism is essential to making democracy functional and accountable support us. »