No breakthrough in LAC talks, both sides blame each other in statements
News

No breakthrough in LAC talks, both sides blame each other in statements

Newsdesk |
October 11, 2021

Any hopes of achieving a breakthrough for disengagement from Patrolling Points (PP) 15 in Hot Springs during the 13th round of Corps Commander level talks held on Sunday, remained unfulfilled. Both sides issued independent statements on Monday morning, blaming each other for the situation. While India said that the standoff was caused by China’s unilateral attempts to alter the status quo, China said that India should cherish the hard-won situation.


New Delhi, 11 October 2021

As per news report of The Indian Express, The Army said in a statement that during the Corps Commander level meeting was held at the Chushul-Moldo border meeting point on Sunday, “the discussions between the two sides focussed on resolution of the remaining issues” along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. “The Indian side pointed out that the situation along the LAC had been caused by unilateral attempts of Chinese side to alter the status quo and in violation of the bilateral agreements. It was therefore necessary that the Chinese side take appropriate steps in the remaining areas so as to restore peace and tranquillity along the LAC in the Western Sector.”

Source - indianexpress.com

Read More >>


If you like the story and if you wish more such stories, support our effort Make a donation.




Loading...

If you believe investigative journalism is essential to making democracy functional and accountable support us. »